Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Romance Writers of America conference pictures

Romance Writers of America celebrated its 30th anniversary in Orlando, Florida July 28-31. Before the conference began some of us explored Disney's Epcot using discounted tickets for conference attendees. A great option to remember if you're planning on attending a conference on Disney property. We had a great time!








Cinderella and Mary Poppins welcome Darlene, Lindi, me, Debby and Missy. Those stylish ladies kept their smiles in the hot humid weather. We had a delicious dinner in France that evening.






The Literacy signing was held the first evening of the conference. Critique partner and friend Shirley Jump and I pose for a picture. All the proceeds of this huge signing go to literacy.











I attended several excellent workshops, met with my Steeple Hill editor and hung out with Steeple Hill Love Inspired authors and writer friends. The Harlequin party is always a highlight. Missy, Ruthy, Debby and I gather for a photo Friday night.









The Awards Ceremony Saturday evening was the grand finale of the conference. A time to celebrate Rita and Golden Heart finalists and winners and those amazing thirty years. Debby, Missy, Darlene, me, Sandra, Myra, Ruthy and Anita Mae smiling for the camera.





Hope you enjoyed a peek at RWA! I'm back to routine, working on a new book.

Blessings, Janet

4 comments:

kathy taylor said...

Fabulous costumes and pictures! Looks like a great time.

Janet Dean said...

Thanks, Kathy! The conference was fun and I learned some things about writing too.

Hope you're staying cool!

Janet

Myra Johnson said...

So glad we got to spend time together at RWA! Now I can't wait for ACFW!

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron