Wednesday, September 26, 2007

American Christian Fiction Writers conference

I recently returned from Dallas, the site of the 2007 ACFW conference. I had a great time connecting with writer friends, clients of my agency and its owner, Kelly of Mortimer Literary, and Steeple Hill's Love Inspired authors. I attended excellent workshops and inspiring worship sessions with music, testimony and talk by James Scott Bell, our speaker. All the while building my craft and my faith muscles. No one understands a writer like a writer, even a caring husband who valiantly tries not to allow his eyes to glass over while I discuss the ups and downs of being a writer.

We drove to Dallas so I had lots of hours to work on the revisions of my second book. I'm home now, putting the changes suggested by my editor into my computer--rewriting, revising, working to make this book the best it can be. I'm expecting to need another week to get these finished and back in. Two at the most.

The pictures are from the conference.

Janet

No comments: